Practical, Efficient And Personable Legal Services

Frequently Asked Questions About Residential Real Estate

Lenington, Gratton, & Associates LLP is a real estate law firm serving clients in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia, Texas, New Mexico and Florida. If you have residential real estate questions, our real estate attorneys can provide practical, efficient and personable legal services.

From boundary disputes to legal technicalities in property titles, numerous factors demand careful consideration to ensure a smooth residential real estate transaction. Below are some common questions that our attorneys hear from our clients. For answers to your specific questions, we encourage you to contact us in Pennsylvania at 724-271-8300 or in Florida at 850-374-8549, or complete our contact form.

What should I do if someone is encroaching on my property?

Swift action is essential after suspecting encroachment on your property. If you notice encroachment:

  • Assess the situation and gather evidence of the encroachment
  • Communicate with the party involved to seek an amicable resolution, but be prepared to escalate the matter legally if necessary

Our property encroachment attorneys can advise on the most effective course of action in your case. We have decades of experience in resolving residential real estate disputes.

Do I need a title search when buying a house?

It is important to conduct a thorough title search in any real estate transaction. This process ensures that the seller has legal ownership of the property and can rightfully transfer the title to you.

Additionally, a title search can uncover any existing liens, easements or other encumbrances that could affect your ownership rights.

What might home sellers try to hide from buyers?

Unfortunately, sometimes home sellers attempt to conceal issues to reduce costs and make their property appear more attractive. Common hidden problems include:

  • Structural defects
  • Water damage
  • Pest infestations
  • Hazardous materials like asbestos or mold
  • Unresolved disputes with neighbors or homeowners’ associations

What should a residential purchase-sale agreement include?

A residential purchase-sale agreement, also known as a contract of sale, should include details such as:

  • Property’s legal description
  • Purchase price
  • Earnest money deposit
  • Financing terms
  • Contingencies (home inspection, appraisal)
  • Closing date

Also, a purchase-sale agreement should include any special conditions negotiated between the buyer and seller.

Contact Us To Schedule An Appointment

LGA Law can answer all your questions regarding residential real estate. Call us in Pennsylvania today at 724-271-8300 or in Florida at 850-374-8549, or send us an email inquiry to arrange a consultation.